OREGON

OREGON........OPEN YOUR HEART TO THE WORLD....HOST AN EXCHANGE STUDENT
.....email Kathy Lawrence.... chikathy@chinet.org

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

ALOHA.... HAWAII

 Almost every year our AC Nedra Cummings has taken one to two groups of students to Hawaii.  Every year the students come back with tales of great adventures involving surfing, snorkeling, beaches, culture, food, the people and so much more.  This year is no different!


Rebeca, from Brazil, said: "Hi Nedra! about the trip i dont even really know what to say, it was just amazing!
I loooooooved the trip for Hawaii, if it wasnt the best trip of my life it was for sure one of the best!!!
The weather was wonderful, we had an amazing group and a lot of fun :) I wish i could stay there foreeeeever!
I wish all the students had an oportunity to go, and who has, dont miss the chance it is gonna be for sure worth it! It is just awesome :D
Thank you dad, Nedra, CHI and everyone who was there for giving me the opportunity to experience that!:)
Ps: for everybody who goes there: dont forget the sunscreen, 60, 70, 85 or you are gonna get burned for suuuure!!:p



Sofia from Italy said:  "This Hawaii trip has been a really amazing and unforgettable experience.
I discovered things i never thought i would do, like swimming with wild dolphins in the ocean. That was one of the things i enjoyed the most, and i will never forget the feeling i had that moment!
I enjoyed surfing too, even though it was the first time i tried it.
Hawaiian culture is really interesting, and the weather and landscape there are both beautiful. I wouldn't mind living there for sure!
I would like to come back there sooner or later, for whatever reason.
 So, thank you Nedra, Griffin and CHI for this awesome trip!"

 
Snorkel Boat Tour!


From Romain Dufour, Belgium:
"Hawaii was one of my best moment in the United States! I enjoyed the most snorkeling and swimming with the dolphins! I still can't realize I've been to this place and I've done all these crazy fun stuffs! Thanks a lot to Ned' and Griff' :) 

We are learning KuKui Nut bracelet making.  This as at the Cultural Center
and they told us all about the KuKui Nut tree and the preparation of the nut for making into bracelets.