OREGON

OREGON........OPEN YOUR HEART TO THE WORLD....HOST AN EXCHANGE STUDENT
.....email Kathy Lawrence.... chikathy@chinet.org

Monday, November 8, 2010

STUDENT ADVICE.... GET INVOLVED!!!!

Hi Friends, it is me Renan, Brazil,
I took this photo i was in downtown Portland with my new friends. It was the first time that i went down there! Everything was beautiful we were shopping, we ate in a very good place and had so much fun! This was in the begin of my program, my school didn`t even start, there were two american girls with us but they didn`t want to appear in the photo! So they were taking! But those girls they were showing us, what downtown looks like! Oh i forgot, this guys they are exchange students as well! The blonde is German, the asian is Chinese and the other guys is Brazilian as well! But me and this Brazilian, we promise for each other that we would never speak portuguese anymore! 

The second picture, was my first homecoming of my life! I had so much fun, my school ( Sunset High School) it is such a big school! And they like to put a different theme each year in homecoming, so this year was "When i grow up" so everybody had to dress like a job person! For example: like a fireman, or policeman or as a doctor, whatever you
want! I dressed my self as a cowboy! It don`t mean that i want to be a cowboy but i didn`t have more ideas! So, if don`t know me, i am the forth guy of the middle line if you count to the left- right. So i didn`t have a date so, i went with all these guys! I had so much fun, everybody that i know was there! I danced with a lot of girls, i came out of the party sweating like ‘you know what’ . A lot of girls wanted to dance with me, even freshmens. They are way too young. ...they fall in love with me.....   But homecoming was so good! I talked with other people that I didn`t know yet! 
My Brazilian friend… he just loves paintball, so he and his family invited me, the german and the chinese for camping. In this camping there were 2 paintball fields (outdoor and regulated) so we had so much fun! I like paintball as well so we had so much fun! In this camping I ate the most wonderful thing in the world, i don`t remember the name but it is like a cracker, three pieces of chocolate, cooked marshmallows and one more cracker! Gosh it was so good, i liked that so bad! I think i ate 10 of them! So we made a big fire and spent the night talking and cooking marshmallows! We went in this camping saturday, so we played paintball all saturday long, we stopped at night and begin again on sunday morning! We spent the whole sunday playing paintball i am not kidding! In paintball if you got shoot, hurts so bad! I was with a lot of paintball marks in my whole body! I had tow in my but! hahahah. This was one of my funniest weekends here in US! I really liked it! 


This is my water polo team from Sunset High school. I really made so many friends in this water polo team! Those guys are awesome, i met so many people in this team, we made a family, now i know so many people! If you aren`t doing any sport i advice you to do, because you will meet so many people beyond that you will loose a lot of weight! I made friendship with this guys because when you start to practice, you will have practice everyday, so you will see them every single day! That is make it easier to make friends! My team of Water Polo is so good! We are going to play in the State tournament. But now the session is over, i will play basketball now! i am so excited! So this is really an advice to you that are not doing sports in your school!

So i think that is it! 
Thank You!
Bye
Renan  (Brazil)